Play! Pokémon Team Challenge – Season 4
The Play! Pokémon Team Challenge is a global online event designed to offer Play! Pokémon Stores new ways to engage with their local Pokémon Trading Card Game community and compete with other stores around the world to see who will be the very best. Local game stores will run four qualifiers, creating a team where the four winners from their community will go on to represent their store in the playoffs to crown the Best Team in the Play! Pokémon Team Challenge – Season 4.
- Qualifiers Period: September 17 - December 18, 2022
- Playoffs: dates to be confirmed
For more information, please go to Team Challenge Season 4.
Registration for the first weekend of tournaments on September 17 will open on September 9.
Before you register, you will need to sign in and create a player profile if you don't have one already. We use Google Accounts for authentication, so you'll need to sign in with an email connected to a Google account. We believe Google has best-in-class account security features, and so we rely on them to vouch for who you are (authentication), and then we allow you to access certain things (authorization). If you need to connect your email, this article has instructions on how to use an existing email address.
To create your profile, click on your email address in the upper right corner of the browser after you sign in. You'll need to fill in all the required fields on the Profile and Play! Pokémon Profile pages, and connect your Discord account, before you can register for a tournament. Your Team Challenge League IDs will be assigned when you register for your Team Challenge tournaments.
Once registration begins on September 9, you'll need to register for each tournament(s) that you wish to play in.
Please note: Players may register and play in events for up to three stores. Your stores will be set with your initial Team Challenge registrations.
Players eligible to participate in the Play! Pokémon Team Challenge – Season 4 must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a Masters division player born in 2006 or earlier (if you are a resident of Brazil, you must be aged 18 and over), and
- Reside in the country that your Play! Pokémon Store is located in.
Participating countries include:
- North America: Canada, United States of America (including Puerto Rico)
- Europe: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Ireland, Italy, Jersey, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
- Latin America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil (players must be 18 years or older), Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay
- Oceania: Australia, New Zealand
Qualifier tournaments will be played within a single (Masters) division over the appropriate number of swiss rounds, followed by a top cut, as documented in the official tournament rules. The format for the qualifiers will be Standard.
Team playoffs will be played after the end of the qualifying season. The format for the playoffs will be single elimination between stores, until a worldwide winning team is determined.
Each player will receive Pokémon TCGO codes for participating in the Qualifiers. The codes will unlock in-game digital booster packs. Players may be awarded additional codes depending on their tournament results. Digital prizes will appear in the RK9 Player Dashboard – History page once they have been awarded. Please note that digital prizes can only be awarded to players that have registered through RK9.